TRVELLER’S PILGRIMAGE TO LADAKH
Manali to Ladakh
Day 1: Arrive at Manali by taxi or flight, night in a hotel across the town. Dinner at the hotel.
Day 2: Early departure from Manali, cross over Rohtang Pass, tea break from the kitchen of Taurus at Rohtang Pass, an experience no one gets on conventional tours (if weather permits). Night camp onboard Taurus at Sissu/Keylong/Jispa. Effort will be to reach Jispa. All meals onboard Taurus.
Day 3: After breakfast, Taurus moves to Pang. Night onboard Taurus. All meals onboard Taurus.
Day 4: After breakfast departure for Debring/ Rumtse. Night onboard Taurus at Debring, homestay if arrival is in the evening at Rumtse. All meals onboard Taurus.
Day 5: Departure for Hemis, camp near Hemis Monastery, onboard Taurus. All meals onboard Taurus.
Day 6: Early morning visit Hemis Monastery to witness Buddhist prayer. After early breakfast onboard Taurus, travel in taxis to Pangong Lake, one night in a hired camp. Field lunch on the way, dinner at the hired Camp at Pangong.
Day 7: Explore Pangong Lake. After breakfast, travel in taxis to Nubra Valley. One night in a homestay/camp. All meals at the camp/homestay/ resort at Nubra.
Day 8: Explore Nubra valley. Night at Nubra.
Day 9: After breakfast at the resort Drive to Leh, stop at Khardungla and Shanti Stupa before we reach Leh; explore local Leh. Stay onboard Taurus outside Leh., field lunch on the way. Dinner onboard Taurus.
Day 10: After breakfast, drive Taurus to Hanuthang, a very picturesque drive along the river. Night onboard Taurus. All veg meals onboard Taurus.
Day 11: Visit Aryan village in a local taxi. Night onboard Taurus. Field lunch may be in a village Dhaba, as Taurus shall be away. All veg meals onboard Taurus.
Day 12: A day to relax and village walk Hanuthang onboard Taurus next to a gurgling stream. All veg meals onboard Taurus.
Day 13: Drive back to Leh. Explore local Leh town. Night at Leh in hotel/ guest house.
Day 14: Fly to Delhi.
- This is a very special expedition and not be compared with conventional tours for tariff and facilities.
- Tariff: Rs 132,500 per person. It includes stay onboard Taurus, Taurus as surface transport Manali to Leh, drop at Leh airport, all taxis (in Ladakh, details will be mentioned), all three veg meals onboard Taurus and non-veg wherever possible in the hired stay.
- It includes all our entry taxes to the states where Taurus will visit, tolls, parking etc.
- Single supplement Rs 25,500 per person to secure single accommodation onboard Taurus and any guest house/ hotel/ resort at specified destinations. We have only 4 single tents onboard Taurus.
- Group size minimum 6 and 8 max
- The slot has to be secured with 50% retainer fee (nonrefundable) to be adjusted in the final bill of the group.
- All details are available on the website about the features of Taurus. All questions to be asked beforehand and no assumptions and expectations outside what has been committed will be entrained later after booking has been done.
- Taurus cannot be compared with any camp or resort or hotel.
- Taurus will travel slower than taxis.
- IT DOESEN’T INCLUDE: Air ticket, personal exploration, medical emergencies, accident rescues, taxis where not mentioned, guides, rides of any kind (camels, boats, rafting, etc.), personal taxis for shopping etc.
- Anything other than Taurus for food and stay other than mentioned shall be extra under any circumstances, whatever it could be (e.g. bad weather, delays, landslides, political upheaval, medical emergencies, accident rescue, extra stay and food for flight cancellations) extra bills to be paid before departure/ check out. No refund on any early drop out, for any reasons.
- Guests may help in camping chores.
- No entry fee to any monastery/ monument or related fee.
- It doesn’t include Inner line permits.
- This is a very broad program and scanty terms, more details about terms will be sent once this programmed is approved.
Participants must be able to bear with the ‘HIGH ALTITUDE SICKNESS’, they must get medical approval from their doctors before booking the program.
This is for our discussion and approval; if there is any snag then we will clarify and then make it final.
FOLLOWING PHOTOS CAN BE USED IN THE ITINERARY, if you need to use.